Location: Erie, PA
Job Type: Full Time
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for creating concept designs and drawings of furnaces. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for assistance with the quoting process relating to fabrication work and components such as doors and car drives. Provide mechanical assistance when installing the furnace and able to troubleshoot issues that arise.
Onex’s technology resources and expert combustion team provides our customers manufacturing operation with unmatched expertise in furnace services – burner tune ups, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, retrofitting, and replacement. We are a recognized leader in refractory and combustion solutions and have been in the business for 52 years.
- Use specialized software to create models and drawings of products
- Confirm designs with sales team
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Provide component and system pricing to be used in quotation process
- Provide bill of materials (BOM) and delivery deadlines to purchasing team
- Commission and troubleshoot the startup of new equipment
- Identify areas of cost savings and improve on efficiency
- Lead other co-workers to complete assigned tasks
- Coordinate internal resources and vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project
- Research new materials and methods of development
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD software, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical proficiency, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills; experience with customer/vendor interactions; ideally collaborating with others to help define needs, identify solutions and resolve problems
- 25-50% travel required
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced production setting.
- Strong analytical skills to define problems and develop mechanical solutions to improve process/asset productivity/safety.
- Self-motivated individual with a take-charge attitude and an understanding of personnel management techniques.
917 Bacon Street
Erie, PA 16511
1308 Main Street
Crescent, PA 15046