Location: Erie, PA
Reports To: Project Manager
Onex’s technology resources and expert combustion team provides our customers manufacturing operation with unmatched expertise in furnace services – burner tune ups, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, retrofitting, and replacement. We are a recognized leader in refractory and combustion solutions and have been in the business for 52 years.
The Electrical Technician is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and analysis of electrical products and systems. The Electrical Technician will be responsible, but not limited to:
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of electricity and materials
- Confirm systems and components’ capabilities by designing and testing properties
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements and determining manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Review designs / drawings with managers
- Provide component and system pricing to be used in quotation process
- Design and build control panels
- Programming of PLC systems
- Commission and troubleshoot the startup of new equipment
- NFPA 86, NFPA 70E, AND AMS 2750E
- MS Office
- Microsoft Visio
- PLC Software Allen Bradley, Siemens, Honeywell
- Problem Solving
- Finding solutions to difficult or complex issues.
- Administrative Skill
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work Responsibilities, Information Ordering.
- Deal with more than one task at the same time.
- Social Perceptiveness
- Awareness and understanding of others’ reactions.
- Assessing performance and conduct of self, other individuals to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made.
- Time Management
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Working well together with others.
- Resource Utilization
- The ability to effectively use the available resources, including equipment and personnel to meet objectives.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression
- The ability to speak with and listen to others, and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension and Expression
- The ability to write and read, speak and listen to, and understand information and ideas presented through written words and sentences.
- Careful about details, concise and thorough in performance.
- Numerical Ability
- Utilize basic calculations effectively, mathematical reasoning and formulas to solve problems based on numerical data.
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Activities often require considerable use and coordination of the arms, hands, fingers, and legs, such as in the physical handling of equipment and or materials
- Must be able to move or handle materials generally weighing up to 100 pounds if needed
- Subject to random Drug Testing
- Wear PPE in field environment
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 5 Years
917 Bacon Street
Erie, PA 16511
3711 West 3rd Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010